Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 15 small Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup toor dal
- 2 tablespoons sambhar powder (any brand available in indian groceries)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 3 cups water
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 tablespoon Urad Dal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon jeera powder
- Clean and cut the brussel sprouts at the stem ends and leave them all in round shape.
- Pressure cook toor dal and sprouts by pouring 3 cups of water and adding turmeric.
- Do it till 2 or 3 whistles.
- Put a vessel on the stove and add oil to it.
- then add all other seasonings to it.
- When they splutter, add the boiled toor dal with brussel sprouts.
- Add sambhar powder, chilli powder, brown sugar, curry leaves.
- Add more water if more pouring consistency is required and stir to mix all.
- Make sure sprouts are not mashed while stirring.
- Once it starts boiling, add tamarind paste and salt.
- Add chopped coriander and switch off the stove and put the lid.
- Serve with Rice, Dosa or Idli.