Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I'm making a family cookbook for my family members and just got this from my aunt! I love it!
- fresh carp, 14 to 20 ",long
- spices, of choice
- Scale and rinse fish well.
- Cut in 1/2 and place on pine board.
- Add your favorite spices.
- Bake at 340* for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven, throw carp away.
- Serve board with or without tarter sauce.
The pine board was unusually moist. I was pleasantly surprised. It went quite well with our bbq aligator ribs and squirrel kabobs. A new family favorite!
Oh, please use Cedar, the be-all and end-all of the culinary masters insist that Cedar gives the most flavourfull result. Don't throw the carp out - make a tasty salad out of it, throw in a bit of hemlock, some 'wild' mushrooms and some rhubarb leaves and serve it to the afternoon ladies bridge club or the Monday night football guys.
Wendy, what a grat new recipe idea! This is very similar to the chocolate covered ants posted! Thanks for breaking up the day :)