Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this scent, I have made once a year for around 15 year. Can't remember where I came across it. I usually double the recipe. You can even drink it, but watch out for the whole cloves!!!
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 1⁄2 gallon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- When cool pour into a nonmetallic container, I use rinsed out plastic milk jugs.
- When you want a festive scent pour some into a potpourri cooker, a tea light simmer pot, or in a saucepan and heat on the stove.
- Shake well before using, it will thicken up so keep adding water while simmering and to container in refrigerator.
Please forgive me for being so far behind on my review of this recipe, (And Gobs More) I am trying to catch up on my reviews but I made this way back in December and it is JULY now!!! Anyway this smelled soooooo Gooooood,I used it for Christmas when we had our family dinner,and everyone loved it,and it was so simple to make too.Thank You so much for this great smell!! Darlene
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!! We woke this morning to tons of new snow on the ground, and it still heavily falling. My son started singing Christmas songs (yes I know it is the end of March) and I couldnt help but want a warm drink. Had ran across this after a chat we had when I looked through your recipes, and decided to try this. I halved it and the smell was so comforting and the taste (while still warm) was just what I wanted. Thanks so much KangasTyler for putting this on here!!!