1/1 Photo of Rebollita ( Italian Cabbage Soup)
6 hrs 15 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Rebollita in Italian means "reboiled". This is a slightly changed verison of recipe from William-Sonoma's SOUP FOR SUPPER...and modified for the crock pot. Easy and tasty. Freezes well.(Refrigeration time is not included in Cooking Time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth (more for thinner soup preference)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- black pepper
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 4 -6 slices Italian bread, 1/2 thick
- 1Chop bacon into ½” pieces and sauté until almost done.
- 2Add onions, garlic, and celery; cook to soften, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add all to crock pot.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- 5Cool and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- 6To serve: Reheat; and place slices of bread in bottom of soup bowls and ladle hot Ribollita over bread.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rebollita ( Italian Cabbage Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 1238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g