Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Garlic stuffed olives wrapped in an easy cheese dough and baked until warm and crisp! A spicy, salty treat! Perfect appetizer or snack.
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese (if using spread, 1/2 a small jar spread like Kraft Old English) or 70.87 g cheese spread (if using spread, 1/2 a small jar spread like Kraft Old English)
- 29.58 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 12 garlic-stuffed olives
- Preheat oven to 350. Drain olives and pat dry.
- Thoroughly combine cheese and butter. Add flour and cayenne, stirring to fully mix. When thoroughly combined but crumbly, work mixture together with your fingers to form dough (no need to knead--it will stick right together).
- Roll a tablespoon-sized clump of dough into a ball. Press it flat between the palms of your hands. Put an olive in the center and press dough around sides to enclose. Roll it between your palms to smooth surface, if you like.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I should have doubled the recipe as my guests went wild. These little gems disappeared in minutes. Great little appetizer and a nice combination of flavors. Thanks for sharing, BerruSweet, can't wait to make again.
This was pretty good. I couldn't find garlic stuff olives but had some marinated garlic olive on hand so used those instead. Something was missing though so maybe next time I'll add some basil or oregano to add some more flavour to it. Thanks for sharing.
My Dh almost fell off his chair. I need to make these this weekend. It wasn't an "order",almsot begging ang pleading!!! I bet i won't have to ask for anything for awhile, LOL!!! I will post a review ASAP Update: Made these for hockey night. I got flowers the next day. He gave it 20 stars and your flowers look nice on the table,LOL