Recipe by BerrySweet
Garlic stuffed olives wrapped in an easy cheese dough and baked until warm and crisp! A spicy, salty treat! Perfect appetizer or snack.
Top Review by Merlot
I should have doubled the recipe as my guests went wild. These little gems disappeared in minutes. Great little appetizer and a nice combination of flavors. Thanks for sharing, BerruSweet, can't wait to make again.
- 1 cup shredded cheese (if using spread, 1/2 a small jar spread like Kraft Old English) or 2 1⁄2 ounces cheese spread (if using spread, 1/2 a small jar spread like Kraft Old English)
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 12 garlic-stuffed olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Drain olives and pat dry.
- Thoroughly combine cheese and butter. Add flour and cayenne, stirring to fully mix. When thoroughly combined but crumbly, work mixture together with your fingers to form dough (no need to knead--it will stick right together).
- Roll a tablespoon-sized clump of dough into a ball. Press it flat between the palms of your hands. Put an olive in the center and press dough around sides to enclose. Roll it between your palms to smooth surface, if you like.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.