Recipe by cookingpompom
Sadly this is not my recipe, but a friend from church. Lucky for me (and you) she has happily shared this amazing recipe. Super moist, chocolatey and what is best is: place all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat! This is easier than a cake mix. Either bake in a large bunt tin OR large Texas Muffin Tins. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour (cake flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat your oven to 180oC (360F) and well grease your bunt tin OR place patty cases into 12 Texas Muffin Cases.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and beat for a full 5 minutes until thick and glossy. Scrape down the sides every now and then to remove all lumps. Mixture will be runny - this is correct.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake. For a bunt cake bake for 35-40 minutes, for Texas muffins bake for 20 minutes OR until cooked when tested.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
- Frost with your favourite frosting OR topped with fresh whipped cream.