Recipe by ~*-_-*~Rebecca~*-_-*~
This is a great sandwich rye that I came up with. We love the addition of the dehydrated onions, but it's great without them as well. Sometimes I will use 3 cups white and 1 cup rye and sometimes I use 2 cups white, 1 cup white whole wheat and 1 cup rye. This makes a 2 pound loaf in my Zojirushi bread machine.
Top Review by travelinsally
I made this bread and found it to be very flat in flavor. The recipe I printed out did not call for salt. Maybe now that the recipe includes salt the flavor would be better.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (King Arthur brand)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 4 teaspoons gluten
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast