Recipe by Annacia
Haven't tried this (yet) but it sounds delightful for warmer weather. Freezing time is how ever long it takes your ice cream maker + 1 hr in your freezer.
- 4 1⁄2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Place watermelon cubes in food processor in batches; process until smooth.
- Pour pureed watermelon through a sieve into a 4-cup measuring cup.
- Measure 3 cups watermelon juice into a large bowl; discard solids.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture to watermelon juice; stir in lemon juice, lime juice, and SPLENDA, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour sorbet mixture into freezer container of an ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
- Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Dietary Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Starch.