Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in Ladies Home Journal. It's a good side dish with barbecues.
- 5 slices cooked bacon, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Brown onion in same skillet used to cook bacon, over medium-high heat about 5 to 6 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Add rest of ingredients except bacon. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until it tastes real gooooooood!
- Crumble bacon over the top before serving.
i fixed this as part of a "barbecue" dinner. it was cheap, easy, quick, and tasty. both DH and i enjoyed this dish. honestly, i don't know what would make it better, but it's definitely good as it is.
thanks for posting ^_^
made for the bargain basement tag game.