Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the cookbook "Reata Legendary Texas Cuisine" from the famous Reata restaurant in Fort Worth, TX. After a big night on the town, you better hail a few of these Marys in the hopes that this hair of the dog might bring some relief. For the maximum Mary, try using a pepper-infused vodka alongside the jalapeno garnish. Their unusual Bloody Mary Mix recipe follows.
- salt, to coat the rim of glass
- ice cube
- 5 ounces bloody mary mix, recipe follows
- 2 ounces vodka, see note
- jalapeno pepper (to garnish)
- Salt the rim of a glass and add ice cubes.
- Add the Bloody Mary Mix, top with vodka and stir well.
- Garnish with the jalapeno.
- Reata Bloody Mary Mix:.
- Makes 5 cups.
- 1 quart tomato juice.
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice.
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes.
- 1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill.
- 1/4 cup fresh horseradish, grated.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour into an airtight container, and refrigerate.
- Mix will keep for two days in the refrigerator.