Recipe by Nibbler
This is a recipe my mother and I made up-it is both easy to make and delicious! It is the most tender chicken I've ever had. If you like things less sour, use a little less lemon juice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 -6 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 5 medium potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place in large (at least 13" by 9") baking dish. Using about 4 tablespoons of the lemon-pepper seasoning, coat breast pieces in seasoning on both sides.
- Place potatoes over chicken.
- In medium bowl, mix butter and lemon juice. Pour butter mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining lemon-pepper seasoning and salt over potatoes.
- Cover dish with tinfoil and place it in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes more or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes.