Recipe by Trinkets
I'm a Realtor and this is another Realtor's recipe for the most delicious bread pudding. She makes this wonderful tasty treat for most all of her broker open houses. It's very light and fluffy, not your typical heavy, dense bread pudding but do take note: IT"S LOADED WITH SUGAR. Try a little bit, you will love it! The sauce is delicate and delicious, too, but I actually prefer a Bourbon Crème anglaise. Often, to change it up a bit, I will add Semi-sweet chocolate chips. Talk about over the top good!
For the Pudding
- 4.92 ml butter
- 16-18 slice white bread
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 946.0 ml milk
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml cinnamon sugar
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 14.78 ml water
- 0 butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Break the bread up into 4-5 pieces per slice and place into the greased pan.
- Mix the melted butter, milk, 2 cups sugar, and eggs together and pour over bread. Make sure it's all even and all the bread is covered.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it all, evenly.
- Place the pudding pan into a larger baking dish with about 1" of water in it to create a water bath.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes while you make the sauce, if you haven't already.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and poke holes into the pudding while it's still warm and pour all the sauce evenly all over the bread pudding and around the edges.
- Cut into squares and serve!