Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 slice red onion, diced small
- 1 carrot, shredded and diced small
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno pepper, diced small
- 1 whole portabella mushroom, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup crushed stone ground wheat crackers
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, smashing the garbanzo beans with the back of your spoon while mixing. (I like to keep some texture).
- Form mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and place sheet in the freezer just until patties are frozen.
- I grill these on my George Foreman, sprayed with cooking spray, till both sides crisp up well and the patties turn brown, but you can also fry them in a non-stick pan with a little cooking spray.
- Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns, or just eat as is with the condiment of your choice. I like mayo and hot sauce but that's just me, lol.