My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 slice red onion, diced small
- 1 carrot, shredded and diced small
- 1/2-1 jalapeno pepper, diced small
- 1 whole portabella mushroom, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed stone ground wheat crackers
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Mix all ingredients in a bowl, smashing the garbanzo beans with the back of your spoon while mixing. (I like to keep some texture).
- 2Form mixture into 4 burger patties.
- 3Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and place sheet in the freezer just until patties are frozen.
- 4I grill these on my George Foreman, sprayed with cooking spray, till both sides crisp up well and the patties turn brown, but you can also fry them in a non-stick pan with a little cooking spray.
- 5Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns, or just eat as is with the condiment of your choice. I like mayo and hot sauce but that's just me, lol.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Tasty Veggie Burgers!
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 454.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g