Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love anything that's easy to cook, and this qualifies! Talk about comfort food! This keeps very well, so make a double batch to freeze. Great in a bread bowl, too.
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style sweet corn
- 1 (32 ounce) package Swanson chicken broth
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) boxoscar mayer ready to serve bacon
- 2 cups red potatoes, small dice (about 3 potatoes)
- 3 -4 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Break bacon into bite-size pieces, add to stock pot, brown over med-high heat.
- When bacon is browned, add creamed corn, broth, potatoes, celery and seasonings.
- Cook over med heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in Corn startch and water until thickened.