Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Try--this super rich recipe may be not to your taste, but try it adapt it.
- 450 g double cream
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 500 ml apple cider
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar
- 200 g applesauce
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons coarse grain mustard, of your choice not too hot
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tarragon, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sage, chopped fine
- Using a medium to low heat.
- Add cream to large pan.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add apple cider, apple cider vinegar, white wine and apple juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add apple sauce, salt pepper freshly ground to taste, stock, mustard, tarragon and sage.
- Bring to the boil for 20 25 minutes stir continuously then use or store up to one week.