Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in the June "Better Homes and Gardens". It's a very tasty blend, and great for cool Summer eating. Note: I find that 1/2 cup of onion is plenty for me, but I don't like a really strong onion flavor in anything.
- 1 (10 ounce) package red cabbage, slaw
- 1 medium red onion, slivered (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄2 cup red raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon seedless red raspberry preserves
- Combine slaw, onion and cherries in a bowl.
- In another, smaller, bowl combine vinaigrette and preserves.
- Pour over slaw mixture and toss well.
- Serve at room temp, or chill at least 6 hours.
Wonderful coleslaw recipe! I used a head of red cabbage instead of the pre-packaged mix and added 1 carrot to the cabbage when I was shredding the cabbage. I also used only 1/2 a red onion and the coleslaw was perfect for us. All of us liked this version of coleslaw better than the usual green kind.
This was def. different then the original coleslaw I have had. I dunno if I really liked it, but everyone else in my family did...so thats why I'm giving it 4 stars...4 out of 5 liked it...they even went back for seconds!! (I dunno...maybe it just wasn't my thing.)