1/1 Photo of Really, Really Good (And Easy!) Buttercream Frosting
First off, I have to give all credit to the Confessions of a Cookbook Queen blog, because that's where I found this recipe. It is the best country (non-cook) buttercream frosting that I have ever had. If you're decorating a cake or cupcakes, it also holds up well. I guessed on the yield, but this recipe will easily frost 24 cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter, milk, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer (if you don’t have a stand mixer, a hand mixer will do).
- 2Mix on low speed until it just starts to come together, about a minute.
- 3Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Increase to medium low speed and beat for about another minute.
- 4Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about another or minute or so.
- 5Add powdered sugar (and cocoa, if using). Beat on low speed until sugar is just barely incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and increase speed slowly to medium. Beat for about a minute.
- 6Check your consistency. This is very important because if your frosting is too thick, it will not spread well.
- 7If your spatula does not glide through the frosting, add about a tablespoon of corn syrup and beat on medium for about 30 seconds.
- 8When the frosting is just holding its shape, it is too thick (if you are wanting to pipe some decorations on your cake/cupcakes, now would be the time to set a little of this aside in a separate bowl).
- 9Add another tablespoon of corn syrup and beat on medium for 30 seconds.
- 10Repeat until the frosting seems to be of a good spreadable consistency (you don’t want it too runny, or it will slide off the cake/cupcakes).
- 11Once you get your frosting to a good, spreadable consistency, increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for one minute. This will get your frosting nice and fluffy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really, Really Good (And Easy!) Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1431.9
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.9 mg
- Sodium 658.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 198.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 190.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g