Recipe by Myrna 2
I really don't know how long to prepare these. I got the recipe from an old old cook book 1940"s. It's the only ginger snap recipe I use. Hope you all enjoy. Myrna2
Top Review by Ogwen
This really is the best Gingersnap recipe ever. Once I made it (while slightly hung over, I admit) and accidentally used curry powder instead of ground ginger. I don't recommend doing that.. but if you follow the recipe, you'll have great success. If you're paying better attention than I was, following this recipe is a (ginger)snap!
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no spread) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (no spread)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 -3 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs,molasses, and vinegar.
- Sift and add the flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix ingredients til blended.
- Form 3/4" balls.
- Bake on greased sheet for 15 minutes or until done.
- Cookies will get the characteristic crinkle top as they bake.
- Let rest for 2 minutes before removing from the sheet.