Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really don't know how long to prepare these. I got the recipe from an old old cook book 1940"s. It's the only ginger snap recipe I use. Hope you all enjoy. Myrna2
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs,molasses, and vinegar.
- Sift and add the flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix ingredients til blended.
- Form 3/4" balls.
- Bake on greased sheet for 15 minutes or until done.
- Cookies will get the characteristic crinkle top as they bake.
- Let rest for 2 minutes before removing from the sheet.
This really is the best Gingersnap recipe ever. Once I made it (while slightly hung over, I admit) and accidentally used curry powder instead of ground ginger. I don't recommend doing that.. but if you follow the recipe, you'll have great success. If you're paying better attention than I was, following this recipe is a (ginger)snap!
Myrna, These were absolutely delicious! Didn't change a thing but did roll them in sugar. the recipe made 5 doz. 2 1/2" cookies. I figure if you are going to bake cookies, bake a bunch! Thanks,Dottie5
These tasted very good. I didn't like how sticky the dough was - I would chill it next time. Also, it was easier to use a glass dipped in sugar to flatten the balls, rather than the fork. I used a small scoop to form the balls and that worked well. Two eggs need to be added to the ingredients list. All in all, they are nice and crisp; better than store bought! My husband and friend who was visiting for a few days polished them up and couldn't get enough! thanks, Jess! made for PAC spring 09