Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is really moist and so good! The original recipe called for 1/3 cup butter, but I find that 1/4 cup works just fine and cuts down the fat a wee bit.
Top Review by missmanda
This is SO yum! I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the 1/4 cup butter, and still it's moist and delish. I also added chopped dried cherries instead of nuts. My husband loves pineapple, and we both love this. Thanks Kittencal!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (can use mini loaf pans also).
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and rind for about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in orange juice concentrate; beat well until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple with juice.
- Add in nuts.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.