Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really moist and so good! The original recipe called for 1/3 cup butter, but I find that 1/4 cup works just fine and cuts down the fat a wee bit.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (can use mini loaf pans also).
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and rind for about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in orange juice concentrate; beat well until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple with juice.
- Add in nuts.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
This is SO yum! I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the 1/4 cup butter, and still it's moist and delish. I also added chopped dried cherries instead of nuts. My husband loves pineapple, and we both love this. Thanks Kittencal!
Just delicious! A nice pineapple orange flavor without anything else to distract from the simplicity. I liked the crunch of the pecans! Will make this again and again!
Very moist and delicious! Converted to the bread machine; works fine. The brown crumblies that are sprinkled over the whipped cream are caramelized pieces of brown sugar, left on the sides of the bread machine after baking. Thanks, Kitten, for a super dessert and breakfast bread.