Recipe by Chef C.S.
My dh has high cholesterol and I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, so I modified several different recipes and added some ingredients to make it lower in fat, cholesterol, calories and sugar.
Top Review by Dori S
Delicious, Chef! Moist, not too sweet but sweet enough; followed recipe exactly except used Splenda, more walnuts & extra banana. DH loves it, he feels left out when I bake for others without high cholesterol problems so now no more. It's a keeper, thanks again...
- 2 cups bananas, very ripe
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash 4-6 bananas (depending on size) to make ~ 2Cups. I mash a bunch and freeze in baggies.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix, being sure to mix the butter evenly.
- Pour into 6 mini loaves or 2 regular size loaves. These will rise a bit so allow room.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes for mini loaves or muffins, 50-60 minutes for regular size loaves.