Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals by J. Pare.
Make and share this Really Lazy Holubchi (oamc) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (with juice)
- 3 bacon, slices cooked crisp and crumbled (or flavoured soy bacon bits for vegetarian)
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato juice
- Stir all 9 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Grease a 3 quart casserole well and pour in mixture.
- Cover well and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for 15 minutes more.
- To make ahead: Assemble early in the day or the night before; Cover and chill; Bake as directed above.
- To Freeze: Bake as directed; cool completely then label and freeze for up to 2 months; to serve defrost overnight and then bake as directed above.
Very, very good. It seems I made these even lazier by using coleslaw precut cabbage. I like that they can be frozen, as only DH and I like cabbage rolls - I put them in smaller ziploc bags for the two of us. I will make these again.