Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made these several times in the past, it is a wonderful side dish, especially in the summer when fresh peas are in season. The trick to these, is not to overcook them, as you still want them crisp-tender! This recipe may be doubled if desired. Make certain to use only fresh snap peas not frozen or they will be soggy and soft. Prep time includes stir-frying. You will love this!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh snap peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts (cashews are good also!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pinch off the stems on the ends, and the small strings off of the seams of the snap peas.
- Heat a wok or fry pan over high heat with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- When oil is hot, add in the sesame oil.
- Stir-fry the pine nuts and fresh ginger until light brown (careful not to burn!).
- Add in the snap peas, and stir-fry (making certain to coat with oil).
- Mix in the sherry and soy sauce.
- Lower heat and cook for about 2 minutes.