1/7 Photos of Really Great Meatloaf!
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I think you will really enjoy this meatloaf, I know my family does! ---if you have any left overs just warm slightly and serve in crusty buns with BBQ sauce --- this is great served with mashed taters or fries, the topping recipe may be doubled if desired ----- *note* if you want to take this meatloaf to another level and make this company-worthy prepare the meatloaf with the stuffing mixture in the middle, this is only optional the meatloaf is still delicious by itself --- prep time does not include preparing the stuffing mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (or use 1/4 cup of each!) or 1/2 cup ketchup (or use 1/4 cup of each!)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (more if needed)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (one more tablespoon won't hurt!)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2-3/4 cup ketchup
- brown sugar (start with 2 tablespoons and add in more to taste)
STUFFING MIXTURE (THIS IS ONLY OPTIONAL)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and a baking sheet covered with foil to place underneath to catch any drippings.
- 3Using clean hands mix together all meatloaf ingredients except the 1/2 to 3/4 cup ketchup and the brown sugar, until well combined in a large bowl (adding in a little more breadcrumbs if needed).
- 4Pack the mixture into prepared pan.
- 5Place the pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any spills.
- 6Bake for about 1 hour.
- 7Mix together ketchup with enough brown sugar to taste (start with 2 tablespoons adding in as much brown sugar as you desire to reach desired sweetness).
- 8After the 1 hour of baking, remove the meat loaf (at this point you can carefully drain off some of the fat if desired) and spread the ketchup/brown sugar mixture over the top.
- 9Place back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the meat loaf is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- 10OPTIONAL for the stuffing mixture; melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add in mushrooms, onion and thyme, cook stirring until the mushrooms brown and loose their moisture.
- 11Add in the soft breadcrumbs and cook until lightly browned.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Spread evenly onto the bottom layer of beef mixture, then press down slightly.
- 14Top with layer of beef mixture and bake as stated.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Great Meatloaf!
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.7
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 1448.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: