1/29 Photos of Really Good Vegetarian Meatloaf (Really!)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
High in fiber and protein, low in fat, easy and really yummy! I've always thought meatloaf looks and smells so delicious and savory so, as a vegetarian, I decided to make a no-meat version! This is basically our favorite meatloaf recipe but with cooked mashed lentils instead of ground meat. The result is a very tasty dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml lentils
- 1 small onion, diced
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 177.44 ml grated cheddar cheese or 177.44 ml swiss cheese, cheese or 177.44 ml monterey jack cheese or 177.44 ml American cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 127.57 g spaghetti sauce or 127.57 g tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1Add salt to water and boil in a saucepan.
- 2Add lentils and simmer covered 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft and most of water is evaporated.
- 3Remove from fire.
- 4Drain and partially mash lentils.
- 5Scrape into mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- 6Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed.
- 7Add egg, tomato sauce, garlic, basil, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Spoon into loaf pan that has been generously sprayed with Pam (non-stick cooking spray) or well-greased.
- 10Smooth top with back of spoon.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes until top of loaf is dry, firm and golden brown.
- 12Cool in pan on rack for about 10 minutes.
- 13Run a sharp knife around edges of pan then turn out loaf onto serving platter.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Good Vegetarian Meatloaf (Really!)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 810.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: