1/1 Photo of Really Good Vegan Spinach Tofu Dip (Even if You Hate Tofu/Vegan
The olives really make this dip - don't omit them! :) I'm a diehard carnivore, but I was going to a potluck and wanted to bring a cheap, egg-free, dairy-free dish in case there were allergies or vegetarians there. I took about six recipes off the Internet, combined them and added a few more things, and it was great! I let it sit in the fridge for two days and just re-mixed it before serving. At the potluck, there was not a single vegetarian there, and they all liked this dip. Cayenne and grated carrot would probably be great in this and make it a more "traditional" spinach dip. You may want to start with less garlic if you're not a big fan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3/4 lb) package tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 large onion, finely minced
- 10 -15 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1Defrost spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- 2Drain tofu of any excess liquid.
- 3Place tofu and oil in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer on high speed to combine them until creamy.
- 4Add pepper, vegetable bouillon powder, dried basil, garlic powder, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- 5On low speed, mix in onion, spinach, and olives.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- 7Cover the bowl and place in the fridge. Let it sit for at least 8 hours for the flavours to meld, preferably overnight.
- 8Serve with crackers, bread, chips, or vegetables for dipping.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Good Vegan Spinach Tofu Dip (Even if You Hate Tofu/Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules