Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My family and friends just love this potato salad, and I have made it for gatherings many times, it is always a huge hit!
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and well chilled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sweet gherkin, chopped (or use bread and butter pickles)
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley Ranch dry for this)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- In a large bowl, add in the chilled, chopped cooked potatoes, all the chopped eggs, celery, green onions, pickles, bacon, cheddar cheese and green bell pepper; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours or longer.
Delish! I cut the recipe in half without any problems. I also skiped the bacon and green pepper (out of), with still wonderful resutls. We will be having this delicious salad a lot this summer. Thanks for sharing!