Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a fresh summery salad with peas, green pepper, celery and a light dressing. Yum! Edited to add green onion as an option.
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen, defrost)
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- In large bowl combine peas, cheese, celery, lettuce and green bell pepper. Lightly toss until combined. Add mayonnaise and raspberry vinaigrette, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Lightly toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving top with bacon bits.
Tasty. Didn't have raspberry vinaigrette, mixed my own regular. My dressing was really thick, I did thin it a little.
Yummy! I'm very pleased with this salad. I omitted the lettuce just because I didnt have any one hand. I added extra celery. I used a red wine vinaigrette dressing. The flavors worked well together. Thanks for posting I will be making this again. Made for 123 Hits
I love it when I try a recipe where I am not sure if the ingredients will work together and I end up surprised by the good flavour combinations. In the case of this recipe, it was the addition of the raspberry that I was unsure of but it worked well. I cut the recipe in half and had it as part of my lunch today. The only change I made was yo use a yellow pepper because I was out of green. Made for 1-2-3 tag.