Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best guacamole recipe I've tried so far. It started out as a recipe I found on the Internet, but added some stuff, took away some stuff, and now it is my very favorite. I made it for a Christmas Eve party this past year, and people were crazy for it.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 small hot pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
- 3 avocados
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, stir together garlic, onion, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pepper, coarsely dice tomatoes, and peel, pit, and dice avocados.
- Add all but half the diced avocados to the mixture.
- Mash the remaining avocados and add to mixture.
- Chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- Mix to blend and serve.
- Note: I find that if you wait to chop the cilantro until you are ready to add it to the recipe, it doesn't get that "soapy" taste to it.
- Serve with Tortilla chips.
- I'm saying 4 servings, but I could sit down with a spoon and eat this all by myself.