Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from an old Swedish church cookbook that belonged to my Mother. There are so many great cookie recipes in it, I will post some. I remember Mother making them for us. She was an excellent baker and cook....Wonderful memories!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add nuts and combine with creamed mixture.
- Mold into rolls.
- Wrap in waxed paper.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or 8 hours.
- Slice very thin.
- Bake on lightly greased cooke sheet at 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Watch carefully, make sure they do not burn on the bottom!