Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
These are for people that hate Brussels Sprouts. They are truly delicious!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 3/24/11 as part of mine and SO's dinner.Except for using 12 ounces of frozen brussels sprouts and adjusting the ingredients accordingly the recipe was made as written.My SO thought they had an "after taste " but he really doesn't care too much for that particular veggie. I on the other had thought that they were o.k.Wish I could have given this a higher rating. But thank you for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the bottoms off of the Brussels Sprouts and then cut in half vertically (each half should have the core intact).
- Fry Bacon in a large pan until crispy. Remove from pan and reserve the fat.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts to the Bacon Fat and fry on medium. Do not stir too often as they need to brown. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Once the Brussels Sprouts are browned, add the Green Onion (the whole stem, trimmed and chopped).
- Crumble the bacon and add to the Brussels Sprouts.
- Stir together the juice of the lemon and the Sugar. Pour juice over the Brussels Sprouts and cook until evaporated (about 1 minute).