Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are for people that hate Brussels Sprouts. They are truly delicious!
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Trim the bottoms off of the Brussels Sprouts and then cut in half vertically (each half should have the core intact).
- Fry Bacon in a large pan until crispy. Remove from pan and reserve the fat.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts to the Bacon Fat and fry on medium. Do not stir too often as they need to brown. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Once the Brussels Sprouts are browned, add the Green Onion (the whole stem, trimmed and chopped).
- Crumble the bacon and add to the Brussels Sprouts.
- Stir together the juice of the lemon and the Sugar. Pour juice over the Brussels Sprouts and cook until evaporated (about 1 minute).
I made this recipe on 3/24/11 as part of mine and SO's dinner.Except for using 12 ounces of frozen brussels sprouts and adjusting the ingredients accordingly the recipe was made as written.My SO thought they had an "after taste " but he really doesn't care too much for that particular veggie. I on the other had thought that they were o.k.Wish I could have given this a higher rating. But thank you for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
Really Good Brussel Sprouts #269894 by Canadian Cookie My husband loves brussel sprouts, but usually I can only eat 4 small sprouts. However, when I made this recipe, I ate 3 full servings! Not only did they taste great, but they looked really good. I would be proud to put them on my Christmas dinner table. I used frozen brussel sprouts, because that is what I had available. (Next time Iâ€™ll try fresh ones.) I put them in the microwave for 1 min. to thaw them a little, and then cut them in half. It was very easy to prepare and the payoff was super. Made them for the Letâ€™s PARTY activity, and canâ€™t wait to make them for company! Thanks, Canadian Cookie
"Really good" is an understatement; these are great! I loved the bit of sweetness along with the bacon. I am a huge fan of brussels sprouts, but even if you think you don't like them, try this recipe. Thanx for posting!