Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
I got this recipe from my sister in law years ago and is the only baked bean recipe I make.. It is really good.. note you can use whatever brand pork and beans you desire and if you want you can add grated cheddar cheese on them before you bake them. Also the tomato soup is 10 and 3/4 oz..
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped up
- 1 cup onion, chopped up
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped up
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- cook bacon and cut in small pieces. Mix with all ingredients and Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese if desired. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
These were my first attempt at baked beans. I did leave out the green pepper (I never like it in baked beans.) These are yummy and my family liked them...I ate up all the leftovers! Next time I may leave out the onions and just use dried minced for flavor without the soft texture, and I'll probably double the bacon. Oh, and I halved the recipe to feed our smaller party and it turned out fine. Thanks.
Really great with BBQ. Took to a work function and everyone wanted the recipe! Thank you so much.
Absolutely delicious. I did half and half ... half with the optional cheese, and half without. Truthfully, I couldn't even TASTE the cheese, so I'll leave it out in the future. (why eat the calories if I can't TASTE them? LOL) These are sweet. I love them!!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe faith!! **edited I keep forgetting to submit this .. the reason I couldn't taste the cheese? Well , uh .. er ... I read the directions wrong. I MIXED IT IN LOLOL Ok , if it's on TOP then I could taste it LOL *DOH*