Recipe by faith58
I got this recipe from my sister in law years ago and is the only baked bean recipe I make.. It is really good.. note you can use whatever brand pork and beans you desire and if you want you can add grated cheddar cheese on them before you bake them. Also the tomato soup is 10 and 3/4 oz..
Top Review by firealarmqueen
These were my first attempt at baked beans. I did leave out the green pepper (I never like it in baked beans.) These are yummy and my family liked them...I ate up all the leftovers! Next time I may leave out the onions and just use dried minced for flavor without the soft texture, and I'll probably double the bacon. Oh, and I halved the recipe to feed our smaller party and it turned out fine. Thanks.
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped up
- 1 cup onion, chopped up
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped up
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)