Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious salsa that uses a combination of fresh and canned tomatoes to get that perfect balance of fresh tomato taste with the deeper richness that comes with canned tomatoes. All other ingredients are raw. Adjust the flavors to your taste...more or less anaheims, cilantro or red onion will change how spicy it is and what kind of flavor it has. The yield is approximate.
- 2 medium ripe red tomatoes
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, undrained
- 1 -2 fresh anaheim chili, seeded (depending on how spicy the peppers are and how spicy you want your salsa)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (taste and add more if desired)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process to desired consistency. I find the ingredients meld and taste better if it is processed to a more smooth, restaurant-salsa consistency. Serve with tortilla chips!
This was a delicious salsa. Our family and a visiting friend really enjoyed the flavor and we will be sure to make it again!