Recipe by Sharon123
This is quick and easy, and I love it with vegetables or over rice. It gives a nice creaminess to everything! I thought I got this from Recipezaar but can't find it so I'm posting it so I won't lose it! Feel free to add soy sauce if you like.
Top Review by dallasvegan
This turned out great. I added these ingredients to make a great queso sauce (and I used un-chicken broth instead of vegetable broth):
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
salt pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- spices, to taste (such as onion powder, garlic, oregano, paprika, whatever you like)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up the broth.
- Take a little of the hot liquid and put in bowl.
- Whisk in cornstarch, set aside.
- Pour nutritional yeast and spices into hot liquid, stirring until dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until as thick as you desire. This only takes a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Tis is great over baked potatoes, vegetables, rice, noodles. Enjoy!