1/1 Photo of Really Easy Sugar Free Vanilla Extract, Double Strength
720 hrs 5 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
When we read the ingredients that can be added to vanilla extract we decided to make our own. It's easy, just a lot of wait time but well worth it. You will never buy vanilla extract again...... Grade B beans are what you want for extract and sugar since they are more dehydrated than Grade A.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split beans and chop into 1" pieces.
- 2Mix beans and vodka together in a 1 quart canning jar with a canning lid and band and put into a dark cupboard for at least one month. Give it a shake when you think about it.
- 3When you are ready to use, strain it through fine muslin a few times to catch the beans and itty bitty seeds. Store tightly covered in a dark place.
- 4You can rinse off the chopped beans and dry on several layers of paper towels and add to a jar of sugar. Just sift the sugar before using.
- 5The longer it steeps the better it gets. Do not freeze or refrigerate as this will kill it. This will last until Armageddon. Make extra and stash away for gift giving.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Easy Sugar Free Vanilla Extract, Double Strength
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: