Recipe by alijen
Just a simple, one-dish meal that is really good. Another from Del Monte, which has great recipe ideas.
- 8 ounces light smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mild
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic (or just one can diced tomatoes and add your own garlic to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add sausage and onion.
- Cook about 5 minutes: sausage should be lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Add lima beans, corn, and undrained tomatoes.
- Boil uncovered 8-10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Serve with something like cornbread or biscuits and enjoy!