Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very easy, but has a great taste. I think the oregano gives it extra flavor.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- sour cream
- diced sweet onion
- diced tomatoes
- diced olive
- serve with tortilla chips
- Mix cheese, beans, and oregano in a shallow baking dish about 8 to 10" in diameter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes, or till cheese is melted.
- Put sour cream in the center& sprinkle with diced olives.
- Arrange tomato& onion around sour cream in circles.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was good and very easy, but it was missing something. Maybe more chilies or hot sauce and some cumin. I did like the oregano in it and I crushed the beans a little before putting the dish in the oven. The topping are very good with it.