Recipe by quartzmoon
My mother got this recipe at a Weight Watchers meeting about 15 years ago. I have never been able to find the recipe anywhere since. This recipe is fast, versatile, and my husband loves it. Add any frozen vegetables you like. It makes a large batch, so I always have leftovers to freeze. Please don't let the ranch scare you off, it give the stock a really nice flavor. Have fun playing with this recipe by varying the veggies, adding meats, or even grains like barley.
Top Review by PescatariYum
This was a nice recipe except I couldn't get the V8 image out of my head. The hidden valley did a lot to tone it down but it was still there. I'm a huge V8 drinker, so maybe that's why. I did like the recipe, though. My hubby liked it too. Next time I will use fresh veggies.
- 46 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 10 ounces original Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared garlic
- 2 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 -3 cups frozen vegetables
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add V8 juice, Ro*tel Tomatoes, onions, and garlic to a large sauce pot. Heat on medium high heat.
- When soups is good and hot add the Ranch power, stirring to break up lumps.
- After about 5 minutes, reduce the heat tomedium and add 2-3 cups of vegetables. I like peas, corn, lima beans, carrots, and green beans.
- Let the soup cook for about 15 minutes or until all veggies are done.