Recipe by Secret Agent
I love lasagna but am not too crazy about freezing the leftovers. I also hate boiling the noodles so I made this recipe for a fast and yummy lasagna for DH and myself. It is made the day before so it simplifies the meal the next day. It can serve four but around here ,,,, mmmmm.... uhhhh, oh well...... This is as easy as can be and the ingredients can be what you like.
Top Review by Sheri Lou
I love this recipe! Easy and delicious... it's perfect! I used one organic egg instead the Egg Beaters and skipped the spinach. I used Barilla "No Boiling Required" flat lasagna noodles and they were delicious, with a great texture. Make sure you use a yummy sauce that you love... the sauce really makes this recipe. This meal is a treat for me and my hubby... thank you!
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese, not skim
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, not skim, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and wrung dry (or 1/4 cup parsley, flat leaf, chopped)
- cracked black pepper
- 6 -8 lasagna noodles (I use the Trader Joe no boil brand and they are perfect for an 8-inch brownie pan)
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce (or your favorite sauce) or 28 ounces alfredo sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- chiffonade basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the filling ingredients together reserving 1/2 cup of mozzarella for the top of the lasagna.
- Put 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 8 brownie pan or casserole dish (use glass or ceramic).
- layer noodles over sauce and spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture onto the noodles and then spoon on more sauce.
- Layer noodles for the second layer in the opposite direction, add 1/3 of the filling on top and then more sauce. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Cover the top layer of noodles with remaining sauce and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To Bake:.
- Remove the lasagna from the fridge 1/2 hour before baking. Remove plastic wrap and cover the dish with foil. Preheat the oven to 350 and bake about 45 minutes to an hour until the lasagne tests hot. If you like a crunchy top just uncover for about 15 minutes.