Delicious, easy-to-make macaroons. These will fast become a family favorite.
Make and share this Really Easy Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt, vanilla, and almond extract until well combined.
- Refrigerate one half hour.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons (approximately 1 inch apart) on parchment paper-covered cookie sheets. Bake 25 minutes until lightly golden. (Baking Tip: To ensure even doneness -- halfway through cooking time, reverse cookie trays in oven -- move top tray to bottom, flip trays front to back.).
- Cool 1-3 minutes on cookie trays. Remove with wide, thin spatula. Finish cooling on wire rack.
These are so good and I love how easy they were to make. I didnt have almond extract at home so I added extra vanilla, (I had a bottle of Pure Mexican Vanilla that I bought in Mexico), I also whipped the egg whites till they were stiff, and they came out yummy. I did forget them in the frig overnight but they still came out perfect, thanks for sharing.
These are really easy. I left out the almond extract as I didn't have any and added a little extra vanilla of which I used alcohol free. I also found they would fall apart with egg replacer so I added a couple more eggs using less liquid (mine is a dry egg replacer). Additionally I added some honey as well which may have helped them stay together. But they turned out fine.
I thought these were easy to make and tasted good, but they were way to sweet and sticky for me. I'm glad I tried them though.