Recipe by TwistyJersey
Delicious, easy-to-make macaroons. These will fast become a family favorite.
Top Review by Yum Yum Gal
These are so good and I love how easy they were to make. I didnt have almond extract at home so I added extra vanilla, (I had a bottle of Pure Mexican Vanilla that I bought in Mexico), I also whipped the egg whites till they were stiff, and they came out yummy. I did forget them in the frig overnight but they still came out perfect, thanks for sharing.
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I recommend a 3/4 cups.)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt, vanilla, and almond extract until well combined.
- Refrigerate one half hour.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons (approximately 1 inch apart) on parchment paper-covered cookie sheets. Bake 25 minutes until lightly golden. (Baking Tip: To ensure even doneness -- halfway through cooking time, reverse cookie trays in oven -- move top tray to bottom, flip trays front to back.).
- Cool 1-3 minutes on cookie trays. Remove with wide, thin spatula. Finish cooling on wire rack.