Recipe by vintagenovelty
Make yoghurt at home - with no special equipment needed! Preparation time includes waiting time.
- 600 ml skim milk (UHT or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 75 ml plain yogurt (with live cultures)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat over a low flame for 5 minutes, or until milk is warm. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add in the milk powder and yoghurt. Stir until combined.
- Cover and set aside for about 5 hours at a warm place (room temperature okay). If you're doing this at night, let it sit overnight.
- The next morning, refrigerate the yoghurt.
- Make sure the yoghurt is well chilled before eating.
- You can add fruits or sweeteners at this point.
- However, to make batch number 2, make sure that you leave at least 2 tbsp of your homemade yoghurt "pure" and unflavoured.
- Continue as above.