Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This comes from the Company's Coming Soup and Sandwich Cookbook by Jean Pare. It's so quick and easy to make after a long day at work.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in water until tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Run through blender until you have desired consistency. ( you can set aside a few flowerettes for garnish).
- Stir in cheese if using.
- For Vegetarian do not use Cream of Chicken.