Recipe by HappyMommy1422
This is an extraordinarily easy recipe and so very good on a cold day. I found it in a Better Homes and Gardens Busy Woman's Cookbook that my mother has had for years. Adjust the seasonings to your preference. I've added oregano and garlic and it's turned out well.
Top Review by lazyme
This is pretty much how my mother used to make beef stew. Simple, easy, tasty and smell great while it cooking. I did add a couple of dashes of Worcestershire and lots of pepper. Thanks for sharing a dish that was greatly appreciated on a cold dreary day. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cleaned and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 small potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil