Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are tired of the same baked fish recipe, then I think you will really enjoyed this..it's easy to put together and really good! Although the recipe calls for using sole, and that is the only kind of fish I have used for this recipe in the past, I imagine that you probably could substitute about any kind of thicker fillets for the sole, I am thinking flounder would be a good choice also.
- 2 lbs thick fresh sole fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes (extra-large)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter (do not use cooking spray) a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Rinse fish fillets with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozza cheese.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle seasonings over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish is "flakey" and cooked (do not over bake fis).
- Serve immediately.