Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
I just saw this side dish on the UKTV Food program called Market Kitchen. It was part of a larger meal but since I am always looking for ways to cook healthy things like lentils it grabbed my eye. I am putting it on here so that I don't forget about it. It looks really easy because of the use of canned lentils.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green lentils, drained
- Fry the bacon and red onions in olive oil for about five minutes until the onion has become soft.
- Add the lentils to the pan and warm through.
This was fast and easy but I thought it needed some oomph. I added some chopped garlic, salt, pepper and some herbes de provence to get it to a point of being tastier. It would be a nice side dish to many things, and I ate it alone as lunch. This will certianly be good cold too, as a salad, with some oil and vinegar dressing and maybe some veggies. Very healthy and full of fiber.