Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a really simple and tasty chicken recipe...this makes a ton of tasty sauce, and it is wonderful with rice. I most always brown the chicken pieces slightly with salt and pepper on both sides in butter before continuing the recipe, it reduces the cooking time and gives the chicken better flavor, and I find that the sauce is not as "liquidy".... you can brown the chicken in the morning or hours in advance, refrigerate, then continue recipe as follows. If desired, throw in about 1 heaping tablespoon of chopped fresh garlic into the honey sauce, but this is only optional. Prep time does not include browning the chicken.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter (very soft or melted)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (can use more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Grease a large shallow baking dish.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, butter, Dijon mustard, curry powder and cayenne; mix well to combine.
- Pour over the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Mix the chicken pieces slightly with your hands to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn the chicken pieces over.
- With a spoon, baste with sauce.
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- **NOTE** if you have browned the chicken first, then you might want to reduce cooking time slightly.