Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very tasty and delicious casserole for cool summer nights, or cold winter nights. I have made this quite a few times, and everyone really enjoys it, I think you will too! Wonderful served with a crusty french loaf and a side salad.
- 7 -8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper, coarslet chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to tatse
- Tabasco sauce
- In a frypan, brown the ground beef with onion and garlic; drain fat.
- Combine with all the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper and tabasco sauce to taste.
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 - 2 hours.